Here is something I wrote yesterday:
Today is my birthday!
Normally, I try to draw as little attention to myself because I don’t like being the center of attention. But on birthdays, it is kinda hard not to! Today though, I don’t want to draw attention to me… I want to draw attention to God’s abundant goodness. He is kind. Today, I am celebrating a loving God who chose me, knows me, cares for me, protects me, loves me, and gives me good gifts. I pray that His greatness is seen in the way I live my life. I pray that it gives HIM all the glory.
I honestly had the most wonderful birthday I could have asked for, you have no idea. Everything the Lord could have blessed me with today, He did. That’s grace yo.
Here is a list of blessings that reveal the Lord’s kindness. I’m in continuous awe that He chooses to bless me.
1. My roommate: Amy. First I wake up to a sweet, encouraging note. Then she comes back from class early with flowers and 2 of her favorite books as gifts for me, One Thousand Gifts and Kisses From Katie. And if that wasn’t sweet enough, while I was in the shower she did my dishes and cleaned our room! And then after that she treated me to lunch at Tom & Chee which was absa-stinkin’-lutely delicious! 🙂 I never would have thought that the Lord would be so kind in giving me such a wonderful, loving, servant-hearted roommate.
2. Fall. It finally came. 🙂 I have been saying for the past few days how we skipped fall and went right to winter. Fall is my favorite season. And today, as I sit here with my window open after a drive through a gorgeous park where the leaves were changing, I can’t help but thank God. Also, I got to take pictures in the leaves with some of my favorite people. blessed.
3. Kind words. Left and right people have been saying such sweet things to me! I’m so incredibly thankful for godly friendships and sweet people who love to bless me.
4. Relaxing. I love being able to enjoy the day. I got to read this morning, go grocery shopping, clean out my clothes, and write this blog post. Honestly, I love stuff like that! And I am so thankful I got to do it on my birthday!
5. Family 🙂 I woke up to my parents texts, got a call from my older brother who I haven’t talked to in a while and sweet text from my little brother, and got a card from my grandparents and parents in the mail. They love me the best they can even from a distance. :}
6. Friends. This weekend, one of my dearest friends, Sarah, threw me a birthday party. She bought all the desserts, her husband sang me some of his original songs that encouraged me, they prayed for me, and we had a ton of fun painting nails, watching a movie, and snuggling in our pjs. And tonight I got to hang out with other great friends at Target, which may not seem that exciting, but y’all.. target. And to top it off, I came back and my RA had my favorite candy (its a twix btw.. I knew you would ask) and a sweet tea!
7. School. I love my school. Literally, you have no idea how much I love it. I live on a gorgeous campus, I am taught by WORLD CLASS (at least I think so) professors, and I get to do life with some of the most fun and encouraging ladies I know! Oh and did I mention my class got canceled today? 🙂
8. getting an email from a friend from high school who became a believer in college and was encouraging me to continue in Christ. can you say GOD’S CARE AND KINDNESS?
9. Last one: Dorm Meeting. At school, we have this thing every week that is like a chapel and last night I was so convicted. The Lord revealed so many wonderful truths to me and is teaching me to desire most His presence. He should be my first love.
y’all, I can’t imagine life with Jesus. I am so so so so so so so so thankful 🙂 Praise God who loves His children!
James 1:17 “Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.”
To all my already dedicated fans, I love y’all.